• Historical Fiction
  • General Fiction and Women Writers
  • YA Fiction
  • Suspense and Thrillers
  • Memoirs and Non Fiction
  • Classics and Mashups

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

New books! What's on my shelf...


Been a while since I've displayed my books received.  This is just a current stash received over the past couple of weeks.  I'm sorry for the others left out over the past weeks...  You know how I love to read, and can't get all the books reviewed, but I do try to read most of them!

I'll try to give links to the books so you can get a quick synopsis of them:

"Where'd You Go, Bernadette" is one I was dying to read and was soooo happy to receive a copy of from the awesome publishers at Little, Brown.  Here's a link to find out about it:  Barnes & Noble


"This Cake Is For the Party" is a group of short stories reminiscent of Margaret Atwood's
work.  Who could resist!  Find more here:  Barnes & Noble

"Villa Triste" sent to me by Grand Central Publishing/Hachette Book Group, is one of those wonderful novels set in the 1940's in a European city...Florence.  I love this type of historical fiction.
Find more here:  B & N




I'm dying to read this one!  Vogue magazine says: "A ... ballad of a small-town love affair--a teenage dropout, a nameless stranger--gone horrible wrong."  You can get more information at Barnes & Noble  This book is from Crown Publishing Group.  Thanks, Crown!!


"The God Box" is a wonderful book for the holidays, I thought, and I can't wait to get into it.  It's about a mother leaving little slips of paper with thoughts and prayers about others and events during her lifetime.  How beautiful a gift to leave to be found by others!  Here the link:  B & N


For those who love a human and dog story for the holidays, who could resist this one?  About a young man working at a local animal shelter, concerned about helping his animals, his new disabled girl friend, and worrying about what it means to be in love!  All with the help of a lab named Christmas... :]   More about this book: Barnes

 
Once in a while I love a good fae novel.  Especially one by Karen Marie Moning.  Here's a video trailer for you!  More on the book via Barnes & Noble:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/iced-karen-marie-moning/1108614217?ean=9780385344401
 


I have not read a Tess Gerritsen book for decades!  But when Ballantine Books offered me a chance, I thought it was high time to try one.  Here's a novel featuring two strong female characters a medical examiner and detective out of Boston...right up my alley.  I'm way behind the 8-ball on this series!  Can't wait to read it...  More about this particular book:  Barnes & Noble


Last, but not least, "Austensibly Ordinary" will be published in January, 2013, by Kensington Press.  It's a fun and fantastic spin off from Alyssa Goodnight.  Thoroughly enjoyable romp that I'm halfway through and will be posting a review on in the coming week.  I can't tell you more...you'll have to wait and see!  :]


So, I wonder what you think of this list.  Any new books you're reading or want to read?

Deborah/TheBookishDame

2 comments:

bermudaonion

I just listened to Bernadette and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Deb

Good to hear, Kathy! I can't wait to dig into it...

Share your thoughts!

Blogaholic Designs”=