• Historical Fiction
  • General Fiction and Women Writers
  • YA Fiction
  • Suspense and Thrillers
  • Memoirs and Non Fiction
  • Classics and Mashups

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Books In the Mail This Week!

There's nothing more exciting than getting books in the mail every week, and purchasing them, too.  I'm just too happy when they come to my door, and I try to read them all as they come, though I can't review them all for you.

Here are the latest finds!


This one's about two women who are waiting for an answer about having a baby...  New from St. Martin's.           Find out more information and how to get a copy here:  Amazon


"Lydia was never the most upstanding of the Bennet sisters, but who ever said that moral rectitude was fun?"  Synopsis quote from Amazon  where you can find more and order your copy!  I'll be reviewing this one during my Jane Austen Christmas Week on Sunday, Dec. 23rd.  Come see!  :]


"From Brittany’s misty shores to the decadent splendor of Paris’s royal court, one woman must fulfill her destiny–while facing the treacherous designs of Catherine de Medici, the dark queen..."
Found here on Amazon      I purchased this one!!  and the sequel below:


"Queen Catherine de Medici is dead, and for Meg Wolfe—successor in a line of legendary healers and mystics known as “daughters of the earth”—it is a time of new beginnings."   Also found on Amazon from Ballantine Books

This is a fascinating book about the Cherokee Nation and young boy who is adopted by the legendary warrior/leader of the People.  A forgotten history.  I was most interested in this one when the author contacted me because of my family's Cherokee link to the original North Carolina tribe.
You can get a copy, too, or find out more here:  Amazon


"Harper only wanted a safe, normal life. But when her younger sister Gemma runs off with a dangerous clique of beautiful girls, Penn, Thea, and Lexi, everything changes. Vowing to get her sister back no matter what the cost, Harper must face dangers unlike any she's ever experienced. Fortunately, she has Daniel by her side, a gorgeous guy who's devoted to helping her find her sister—and who's immune to the girls' dark powers."

This is in audio CDs that came from Macmillan Audio Books!!  I love hearing this publishing company's books...great quality.  Find a copy here:  Amazon


A very happy week's worth of books for me.

What were your favorite books this week?  Did you buy any good ones for Christmas?  Please share...

Deb/TheBookishDame

4 comments:

Anonymous

Hello Deborah
I agree with you! There is "something" special to receive at your door the books you bought. Specially when you receive one free, I am like a child receiving her christmas present. I just love reading a good book and appreciate each writers's different style of writing. I am always pleased to discover new authors. Very nice blog you have.

Deb

Thank you so much, Nicole! Welcome! I hope you come back often. :]

Harvee

You have some good reading ahead of you. I was in the mood for poetry and philosophy so I bought today The Essential Rumi. I have to get into it this afternoon. Happy reading!

Deb

Rumi is a wonderful choice. It's been a long time since I've read him.

Share your thoughts!

Blogaholic Designs”=