• Historical Fiction
  • General Fiction and Women Writers
  • YA Fiction
  • Suspense and Thrillers
  • Memoirs and Non Fiction
  • Classics and Mashups

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dead Speaks~"In My Dreams" by Cameo Renae Author Interview included!

A Bookish Libraria is proud to be a new reviewer
for Dark Mind Book Tours


and to kick off my first review with:

Written by:  Cameo Renae
Located on:  Amazon.com/ Paperback or Ebook
Published by:  CreateSpace
Pages:  248

Overview:
It was happening again. The dreams. The nightmares. It was something that seventeen year-old Elizabeth Hayes thought she'd outgrown; dreams that would come true; detailed premonitions of how people would die. This time she dreams about her boyfriend, Michael Young, and soon discovers that he has been found... dead.
He has not crossed over because he was murdered, and now the murderer is after Lizzy. His spirit won't rest until she is safe. As a newbie spirit, the easiest way for him to make contact is through Lizzy's dreams. When she dreams, it's as if he hasn't died.
Lizzy must learn to pull on her inner strength to survive horrifying events, and is faced with a most difficult decision. Would she risk her life to save her best friend and the very person responsible for Michael's death?
Meanwhile, Michael learns everything he can about his supernatural gifts to help. But will it be enough to save her?

Quickshot on the Author:





Interview with Cameo:  Oh my gosh, you're here, Cameo!  So exciting to talk with you.  You're my first young adult author to interview.  :]
Welcome to A Bookish Libraria!

1) First of all, please tell us a special something about what makes you "tick." When you aren’t writing, what are you doing?
The first thing that makes me tick would be my hubby. *wink-wink* A close second would be coffee – with lots of creamer. It makes me tick and keeps me ticking throughout the day! Haha

2) You chose a specific genre, a place and time to write about, what made you choose it?
I chose the young adult genre because it seems to be the easiest and most fun to write (for me). Anything goes, especially with the paranormal, and because my kids are "young adults" they totally keep me current. They tell me if my writing is lame.

3) Please share with your readers where you like to write. Do you have a particular space or desk?
We recently moved from Hawaii to Alaska. (YES! I know we are crazy! Lol) So right now my favorite spot is anywhere there is a quiet space. As of now… it’s very hard to find! :/
What!?  Hawaii to Alaska!  That's going to be a culture shock!  I bet we hear a lot about that in your up-coming novels...  :]

4) In your opinion, what makes a book a great one?
When a book can whisk me away to a place where I want to stay, and keep me up till 3am, dying to finish it even though my eyelids are screaming to shut… that is a great book!

5) Which author(s) most influenced your love of books from childhood?
The one author that sparked my love of reading was C.S. Lewis and his Chronicles of Narnia. Other favorites were the Nancy Drew Mysteries, Little Women, Lord of the Rings, Judy Blume, etc…

6) Read any good books in the past 6 months?
Yes! Too many to name. The latest was Beautiful Creatures. I loved it!

7) Please share with us the underlying message of your book. What would you like your readers to take away after having read the book?
The message I wanted to portray was that "Love Never Dies." I believe that when our loved ones pass, they are still with us – guiding and watching over us.

8) Were you able to keep your original title? What was it, if not?
Yes, I did get to keep my title because the book was self-published.

9) Is there a song or music in general that might best represent your book as a theme song?
Actually, there is a theme song, or at least I think it is. It’s called "See You in My Dreams" by Giant. You can Google it or listen to it on my website. http://cameorenae.com/

10) If you could write your book again, what would you change?
I would probably scour through it and change a lot. I haven’t read it in a long time and know I would most likely change and delete lots. As an author, I think I’d continue to find flaws… hmmm. I might just have to read over it again…very soon! ;)

11) What was the worst distraction you had to fight through while writing your book?
The worst distraction writing In My Dreams was finding time to actually write it. I had two full time jobs and two teenagers in high school (both involved in sports).
It was a crazy time. I can’t believe I found the time. Even my family was like, "How the heck did you do that?" I still don’t know…

12) What did you feel or think when you held the first copy of your book in your hands?
It felt like the first time I held my children in my arms for the first time. It was magical!

13) Tell us a secret about your book we wouldn’t otherwise know, please!
Okay, okay… Well – I started a new YA Paranormal Romance/Thriller Trilogy. I loved the idea of the Guardian’s of In My Dreams, so I carried that into my new novels. BUT… these new Guardians are totally hot and kick ass! Lots of action! Phew! – Coming soon! ;)

Thank you for bending to these busybody questions, Cameo! I love how your quirky, up-beat personality shines through.  Your fans are going to dying to get their hands on your new book!

Thanks so much for having me! It was a pleasure and the questions were totally fun to answer!

The Dame's Review in Summmary:
Cameo Renae writes for the YA audience with plenty of frenetic action and emotional high and low points that easily titillate the adolescent temperament.  The intense love of Lizzy and Michael, her primary protagonists, transcends the barriers of death and keeps Lizzy one step ahead of his suspected killer, who may also be coming for her. 

Cameo's book is a suspense thriller securely wrapped in the paranormal with beautiful, tragic characters, all of which is sure to make it a fabulous book for the YA genre, and for adult readers who like to step over that line into the young paranormal.

3 stars

Deborah/TheBookishDame


Enjoy this book trailer!






Cameo Renae lives in Maui, Hawaii with her husband and children. (She's recently moved to Alaska! Brrrr)
She loves reading great books that whisk her away from reality, even if for a little while. :)

Her interests are great love stories, anything paranormal, supernatural, magical, things with vampires, angels, mysteries, thrilling, suspenseful, and fantasy...(yes... she loves unicorns, elves, dragons and even trolls

0 comments:

Share your thoughts!

Blogaholic Designs”=