• Historical Fiction
  • General Fiction and Women Writers
  • YA Fiction
  • Suspense and Thrillers
  • Memoirs and Non Fiction
  • Classics and Mashups

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Cookies! "Debbie Macomber's Christmas Cookbook"

Published by: Harlequin
Pages: 240
Genre:  Family/House & Garden


Something About Debbie :

We call her the "Official Storyteller of Christmas"—but Debbie Macomber is more than that. She is someone who loves the holiday and all its traditions. Now she shares more than 100 of her favorite recipes to help you enjoy this most joyous of seasons. You'll also find easy-to-follow instructions for crafts, decorations and gift-wrapping—everything you need to create a beautiful and festive holiday.

What makes this cookbook unique Is Debbie's personal memories and observations. Join her as she reminisces about traditions past and present, and discover the craft ideas she herself uses. As she says, "The holidays are about being with others. They're about celebrating and sustaining our personal community of family and friends."

In this beautifully illustrated book, she shows you how to serve a memorable meal, whether it's a sit down Christmas dinner for a crowd, entertaining a group of friends at an open house or tea, or spending time with your children and grandchildren...


The Dame's Summary of the Book in a Nutshell:

When I went scouring my cookbook library shelves and hideouts this season, I just couldn't find the Christmas cookies and new baking ideas I wanted for the holiday.  It's the 21st century!  I needed some inspiration! 

I went hunting at my local book shop and found "Debbie Macomber's Christmas Cookbook."  The beautiful cover jumped off the book shelf!  Up until now, I have to admit not being a fan of Debbie's books. I'm not into ladies groups and small town chit-chat novels.  But, boy, does she know holiday stories and making holidays special with family and friends.  This is a wonderful, picture and memory-making book to fill out the old and weary cookbook shelves of any household. (And, its caused me to ferret out her newest Christmas novel, as well, which I recommend!)

Debbie's simple, yet beautiful cookies and delicious desserts are mouthwatering. But she also includes wonderful recipes for breakfast, brunch and munchies of the savory sort. And, while you're waiting for these to bake, her stories are so much fun and so heartwarming to read. Her easy to follow crafts ideas are as clearly pictured as her recipes. In fact, this book is beautifully pictured throughout.  It's of the coffee table quality books for Christmas.

I enjoyed Debbie's sense of  humor and the times she cherishes with her grandchildren. I'm not able to spend time with my grandchildren since they live in four different States; pretty far away from me. So, although this book was sometimes bittersweet to read, it was a reminder of when my children were babies.  And a time when I was a young mother, baking Christmas cookies and decorating them with my little children in a Yankee Barn in New Hampshire while snow piled up 4 ft. high on our deck...

This is a book that will find its way into your lap when you walk away from the kitchen to sit in your favorite chair crunching on your warm baked goods.  It may find its way into your lap when you have a grandchild by your side.

I think it's a book well worth purchasing this year.

Happy Holidays...I wish I could send each of you a tin of my holiday lemon bars!

5 red stars

Deborah/TheBookishDame

0 comments:

Share your thoughts!

Blogaholic Designs”=