• Historical Fiction
  • General Fiction and Women Writers
  • YA Fiction
  • Suspense and Thrillers
  • Memoirs and Non Fiction
  • Classics and Mashups

Monday, April 11, 2011

What Are You Reading This Week? Monday Morning Mystery...


Isn't this a great way to let each other know what we're reading for the week?
I love it!  If you go to the link above, you can see the whole concept on Book Journey.  She's a great blogger with some interesting giveaways, too.

My reads for the week are going to be, and they aren't encased in stone, you understand...  :]

"The Giver"  by Lois Lowry
"Truth"
"The Sherlockian"
and one more which I can't remember and which I can't get to because I'm in my bed with the shades pulled just getting over a migraine...



Why am I blogging with a sensitive head and eyes, you wonder?  Because I'm stubborn and I can't inagine a day without reading or writing.  I'm simply an "eye" person.  Yesterday, when the migraine started, I was just frozen (those of you who get them understand)...but this time, I was so frustrated that I couldn't see and, so, I couldn't write.

Does blogging makes us better writers?  I hadn't thought of that before.  Perhaps it does.  We don't often express ourselves in this manner anymore in our culture.  There are too many other tempting, faster, instant gratification means; i.e., texting, cell phones and the like.  It's wonderfull that there are so many of us who are continuing to write on a daily or at least a weekly basis in our blogs.  Recording herstory...keeping a record of who women were in our century.

Anyway, I'm without eyes much again today, so must go.  Please leave me a list of your books this week.  I would love to know what you're reading.

Hugs,
Deborah/YourBookishDame

1 comments:

Helen's Book Blog

Enjoy The Giver, it is a wonderful book

Share your thoughts!

Blogaholic Designs”=