• Historical Fiction
  • General Fiction and Women Writers
  • YA Fiction
  • Suspense and Thrillers
  • Memoirs and Non Fiction
  • Classics and Mashups

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Tame A Wild Bride" by Cynthia Woolf~Wild Western!

SUMMARY



Rosie Stanton climbed on a west-bound train to answer his ad for a wife and mother, everything she wants to be.  But Tom Harris lied.  He doesn’t want a wife, merely a mother for his two abandoned children and a cook and cleaner for his ranch.


Betrayed once, he’s vowed never to let another woman into his heart.  Sexy Rosie upsets all his plans and threatens to invade his scarred heart.  How will he maintain his vow to keep his hands off her as she charms his children, his cow hands, his life?


ABOUT THE BOOK :

Release Date: July 31, 2012
Pages:  267
Genre: Romance, Western
Formats: Kindle/Nook/Paperback
Purchase:  Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Bride-western-romance-Series-ebook/dp/B008QNVC14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344622476&sr=8-1&keywords=tame+a+wild+bride

Author's Website Link: http://www.cynthiawoolf.com


GETTING TO KNOW CYNTHIA BETTER :


Cynthia Woolf was born in Denver, Colorado and raised in the mountains west of Golden.  She spent her early years running wild around the mountain side with her friends.

She worked her way through college and went to work full time straight after graduation and there was little time to write.  Then in 1990 she and two friends started a round robin writing a story about pirates.  She found that she missed the writing and kept on with other stories.  In 1992 she joined Colorado Romance Writers and Romance Writers of America. 

Unfortunately, the loss of her job demanded the she not renew her memberships and her writing stagnated for many years. In 2001, she saw an ad in the paper for a writers conference being put on by CRW and decided she'd attend.  One of her favorite authors, Catherine Coulter, was the keynote speaker.  Cynthia was lucky enough to have a seat at Ms. Coulter's table at the luncheon and after talking with her, decided she needed to get back to her writing.  She rejoined both CRW and RWA that day and hasn't looked back.


A BOOKISH LIBRARIA IS HAPPY TO BRING YOU THIS GUEST POST!




What Inspired Me to Write My Book

by Cynthia Woolf

I started this series because of the way my parents met.  Dad was a cowboy on a working ranch that also catered to people to stay there.  It wasn’t like a dude ranch because there weren’t activities as such.  No participating in cattle drives or anything like that.  It was just a place for people to come and stay.

My mother was a nurse made to a young boy with asthma.  Today they would call her a nanny.  Anyway, she and the boy came up for the summer to the ranch in Creede from Texas.  The boy could breath better in the drier air, cleaner air that was to be found at the altitude of Creede.

There was a dancehall across the road from the ranch.  Mother attended one night and met Dad.  They saw each other for the summer then Mother had to return to Texas with her young charge.  She and Dad wrote back and forth for several months.  Dad finally asked Mom to marry him.  She came up to Creede and stayed with Dad’s brother and sister-in-law for the night.  They drove to Taos the next day and got married.  That was in March of 1942.

The ranch in Creede is where I set my first Tame book, Tame A Wild Heart.  My new book isn’t at the ranch itself but is in the same valley as the first one. 

Creede is a beautiful part of the country.  High in the mountains, it was a silver mining town until the boom went bust.  Somehow it managed to survive and is now a thriving little community will lots of shops in the storefronts from the 1890’s. 

I took my mother back with me when I was doing the research for the book.  The ranch still looked the same to her.  She pointed out the buildings and what they used to be, like the ice house.  The brother of the owners of the ranch when Mom was there was still living on a home next to the ranch.  It still has people who come up for the summer, many with standing reservations each year.

The year following our visit, the widow of the brother donated the ranch to Mineral County for open space, meaning that it will never be developed into houses and will always be there for the enjoyment of the people of Mineral County and visitors like me.


 
 
THE BOOKISH DAME REVIEWS :
 
 
It's been a very long time since I've read a real western novel so I thought I'd give this one a try when Black Lion Virtual Books presented it to me.  I'm glad I did.  It took me on a nostalgic trip to my younger days...John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara...old western movies and when times were simpler and love was love. 
 
Cynthia Woolf is a born storyteller in the old-fashioned sense.  She's one who knows how to grip you from the first pages and carry you through without giving you a minute to draw your breath.  I literally read this book in one sitting.  It moves in lightening speed! 
 
Her plot is not complicated but her main characters are.  Rosie is a woman any of us would be proud to know and call a role model.  Tom's sexiness bleeds through...  I liked him, lots!!!
 
While this is not a book with a serious story line or a deep secret to tell, it is; nevertheless, very entertaining to read.  As I said above, it took me on a very happy trip to my younger days and I liked that.
 
For lovers of Harlequin Romance novels set in the west, this is the perfect book!
 
3 stars for a fun read.             Deborah/TheBookishDame
 
 

 
Please follow "Tame A Wild Bride's" virtual book tour via Black Lion Virtual Book Tours
here:
 

Tame a Wild Bride by Cynthia Woolf (Full Tour)
Sept 24 - Reviews by Molly/review
Sept 26 - The Bookish Dame/review and guest post
Sept 27 - Nothing Better than a Book/review
Sept 28 - Cait Lavender, Cowgirl Writer/review
Sept 29 - Black Lion Tour Blog/wrap-up
 


9 comments:

Lyn Horner

Cynthia, Tame a Wild Bride sounds like a delight! And I love the story of how your folks met. Thanks for sharing.

woolfcindy

Thanks so much for hosting me and for the fantastic review. I appreciate is.

woolfcindy

Lyn, thanks so much for stopping by.

MK McClintock

Thank you so much for hosting Cynthia! Lovely review and posting too!

Joanne

Congrats on the release. This book sounds fantastic. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for the great post and review.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

woolfcindy

Thanks for stopping by Joanne. I hope you like the book.

Vamp Writer

The book sounds interesting...I remember flying a small aircraft up to Gunnison...poor thing didn't have the power to make the climb the whole way! Had to turn around and land and hitch a car ride to get up to that altitude! Took my (now) wife to visit an old girlfriend, my wife always says it was to get her approval so I could marry. It wasn't but I'll never convence her of that. My late aunt had a tiny cabin up near one of the old mining camps that we stayed in for awhile...God it was freezing!

woolfcindy

Hi Vamp Writer. Thanks for stopping by and for your story. The area around Gunnison is beautiful as is Creede where my book is set. And you're right, it's freezing even when it's not winter in some of those old cabins.

Deb

Hi, Cynthia and readers! So awesome to hear from all of you. I wish I could take a trip out to Creede to see the countryside, myself!

Share your thoughts!

Blogaholic Designs”=