• Historical Fiction
  • General Fiction and Women Writers
  • YA Fiction
  • Suspense and Thrillers
  • Memoirs and Non Fiction
  • Classics and Mashups

Monday, March 26, 2012

"Once Upon A Time Reading Challenge" ~ My "Quest on Screen" Pledge!

Carl at http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/ that is; Stainless Steel Droppings, is holding another Reading Challenge. This one called "Once Upon a Time" and having to do with fairy tales, fantasy, folklore and mythology! 


Go see Carl to find out all about it; although, the challenge (which I'm happy to say we don't have to call a "challenge") did start on March 21st, it runs until June 19th which gives us all plenty of time to participate.


I'm participating in this section:
Which means that I will watch one movie or tv program that fits into each of the 4 categories of fairy tale, fantasy, folklore and mythology.  I will then review them, and post a review and discussion on Carl's website, as well as here on A Bookish Libraria.

So far, I'm thinking I'll be watching and reviewing:

"A Midsummer Night's Dream"
"Harry Potter and the_______"
"Snow White" or  "Mirror, Mirror"
"Vampyre"

I'm not sure about those, there may be others or substitutions.  Obviously, I have no time to read another thing, although Carl is allowing for short story reads, and for simple fairy tale stories along with books in the 4 categories.  Which may not be impossible for me.
Such a fun reading time for the next 3 months, and I'm sure lots of enjoyable discussions and reviews!

Check out his blog every Sunday and Monday for what's going on in this "Once Upon A Time" venue!

Deborah/TheBookishDame

PS:  If you have any movie suggestions for me, would you please leave them in the comments?  I need help with this one!!


1 comments:

bermudaonion

Good luck!!

Share your thoughts!

Blogaholic Designs”=